149. Boyle, George David. The Recollections of the Very Rev. G.D. Boyle, Dean of Salisbury. London: Edward Arnold, 1895.
150. Brown, John. Horae Subsecivae. Edinburgh: Constable, 1858. [Reprints the article No. 107]
151. Browning, Elizabeth Barrett. The Letters of Elizabeth Barrett Browning to Mary Russell Milford 1836-1854. Eds Meredith B. Raymond and Mary Rose Sullivan. 3 vols. Waco: Armstrong Browning Library, 1983.
152. Cook, Sir Edmund. The Life of Florence Nightingale. London: Macmillan, 1925.
153. Cust, Sybil. Granny’s Diary and Other Sketches. London: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1923.
154. The Correspondence of Charles Darwin. Eds Frederick Burkhardt et al. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 1985-
155. The Gladstone Diaries. Eds M.R.D. Foot et al. 14 vols. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1968-1994.
156. Gladstone’s Boswell: Late Victorian Conversations. Ed. Asa Briggs. Brighton: Harvester, 1984.
157. Hare, Augustus J.C. The Story of My Life. 6 vols. London: George Allen, 1896-1900.
158. Houstoun, Matilda., A Woman’s Memories of World-Known Men. 2 vols. London: F.V. White, 1883.
159. [Jones, Martha]. “Miss Barrett’s Poems”. British Quarterly Review 2 (November 1845): 337-52.
160. Merimee, Prosper. Correspondance generale. Ed. Maurice Parturier. Second Series. 9 vols. Toulouse: 1953-1961.
161. The Life, Letters and Friendships of Richard Monckton Milnes, First Lord Houghton. 2 vols. London: Cassell, 1890.
162. Mitford, Mary Russell. Recollections of a Literary Life. 3 vols. London: Bentley, 1852.
163. The Friendships of Mary Russell Mitford. Ed. A.G.L’Estrange. 2 vols. London: Hurst & Blackett, 1882.
164. Moultrie, John. The Dream of Life, Lays of the English Church and Other Poems. London: 1842.
165. Henry Crabb Robinson on Books and their Writers. Ed. Edith J. Morley. 3 vols. London: J.M. Dent, 1938.
166. Simpson, M.C.M. Many Memories of Many People. London: Edward Arnold, 1898.
167. Simpson, M.C.M. Letters and Recollections of Julius and Mary Mohl. London: Kegan Paul, 1887.
168. Smiles, Samuel. A Publisher and his Friends. 2 vols. London: 1891.
169. Thackeray, W.M. The Letters and Private Papers of William Makepeace Thackeray. Ed. Gordon N. Ray. 4 vols. Oxford: Oxford UP, 1945, 1946.
170. [Thomson, Cockburn], “Modern Style”. North British Review 26 (February 1857): 339-75.
171. Tolstoy’s Diaries. Ed. R.F. Christian. London: Flamingo, 1994.
172. Wilson, William. Green Peas at Christmas: Hunting Reminiscences. London: Edward Arnold, 1924.
173. Y., H. A Memorial of the Life and Services of Major-Gen. W.W.H. Greathed C. B. (1826-1878) Compiled by a Friend and Brother Officer. London: for private circulation, 1879. [This biographical sketch of Clive’s son-in-law was the work of the lexicographer and historian Sir Henry Yule, co-editor of Hobson-Jobson, 1886.]